As Internet of Things (IoT) becomes more prevalent, a swelling pool of data gets generated at the sensor and device level. There is an increasing need for real-time collection, processing and analysis of this data at the device or gateway level i.e. closer to the edge. This is Edge Computing & Analytics, which emulates the public cloud capabilities by bringing intelligence closer to the devices but with a smaller and agile footprint.
This report analyzes Microsoft’s Azure IoT Edge implementation and real-life case studies, highlighting why it is one of the most comprehensive and intelligent IoT edge solutions in the market specially catering to enterprises and different verticals.
Table of Contents
- Need for Shift from Cloud to Edge Computing Grows
- Edge Computing: Essential to Drive Intelligence at Edge
- Amazon and Microsoft Lead with IoT Edge Offerings
- Azure IoT Edge: Extends Analytics and Intelligence at Edge
- Container Based Modular Design to Drive Scale
- Growing Partners Ecosystem Across the Value Chain
- Azure Sphere: Security from Hardware to the Cloud
- Sandvik Coromant: Predictive Maintenance
- Schneider Electric: Remote and Agile Monitoring
- Key Takeaways
Author: Falguni Shah
Number of Pages: 13
Published Date: July 2018