2019 Smartphone Display Market Trends and Outlook: Display Is Evolving for a Better User Experience
In 2019, the global display market size is estimated to be US$120 billion in value and 3.8 billion units in volume. This report covers recent trends and future prospects for smartphone displays. In addition to the resolution, screen size, and OLED vs LCD ratio, the new display tech such as notch, hole display, in-display fingerprint, under display camera and foldable phones are described. Furthermore, it reflects our expectations of how this trend change will affect cameras on smartphones in the future.
Table of Contents:
- Executive Summary
- Industry Trends in Global Display Market
- Trends in Smartphone Display
- Specifications: Resolution / Screen size / Tech (OLED vs LCD)
- Technology: Screen-to-Body ratio & Bezel-less
- Technology: Notch / Hole display / In-Display Fingerprint / Under display Camera
- Technology: Foldable
- Outlook: How will the Smartphone Display trends affect the Cameras?
- Appendix: Key Smartphone OEM & Display Supplier Relationship
Number of Pages: 43
Author: Sujeong Lim
Published Date: September 2019