Following up on the series of quarterly Market Monitor reports sent out please find our latest report highlighting Value Share for top 20 brands in smartphone and feature phone segments through Q2 2015
To summarize quickly:
- Global handset market reached roughly US$84 Billion in wholesale revenues up 12% annually during Q2 2015.
- Smartphones contribute close to 97% of the total handset market by revenue.
- Smartphone market reached roughly US$82 Billion in revenues up 14% annually due to healthy smartphone shipments growth (+13% YoY)
- Overall smartphone industry ASP increased (+1% YoY) during the quarter but declined 10% sequentially mainly due to decline in ASP of LTE devices from Chinese players and shipments within flagship smartphone segment.
- Asia (including China) contributed to almost 48% of the global smartphone industry revenues and 53% of the global smartphone industry volumes.
- Apple maintained the lead over Samsung in Smartphone segment by Value and topped the list with roughly 38% share surpassing Samsung which captured 25% share.
- Samsung smartphone ASP declined 5% annually but increased 19% sequentially mainly due increased mix of Flagships. However shipments declined 11% sequentially and remained flat YoY.
- As a result of sequential increase in ASP, Samsung’s smartphone revenues were up by 6% QoQ.
- The top 5 OEMs captured close to three-fourths of the total industry smartphone revenues
- Meanwhile, Huawei revenue increased by almost 48% YoY due to record smartphone sales during Q2.Xiaomi captured close to 3.5% while LG captured 4% market share in terms of smartphone revenues during the Quarter.
- Leaving Samsung and Apple which contributed close to 64% market share by smartphone revenue during the quarter, all other brands worldwide have their smartphone revenue market share less than 5%.
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org