October handset sell through improved as demand grew 3% compared to last month and 2% annually. US, Latin America and Europe were strong but Africa somewhat weak and also China to a certain extent.
Smartphones are now more than 63% of the market. Android share is 76% as iOS rebounds to 17% after a weaker August and Windows Phone flat at 5% share.
Samsung’s share recovered as the new Galaxy Note III created a halo effect and we also suspect the shortage of iPhone 5S was also a factor favoring Samsung, especially in the US market. Nokia’s smartphone share continues to grow as Windows Lumia phones win the favor of select operators. Apple dominance in Japan continues and its share in China doubles over the month...
< Table of Contents >
- Key Tekeaways
- Monthly Topic
- Snapshot of the Indian market during festival seasons
- The Market
- Market Sizing - Demand and Supply
- O/S landscape
- Market by Price band
- Competitive Landscape
- Country Analysis: US/China/Korea/Japan
- Market share by Price band
- Vendor Analysis: revenue structures
- Features and Specs
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
- Hit model lists for major vendors, globally
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org