August handset sell through was again weak compared to July but sell in also drops relieving the inventory situation a bit. US and Europe are weak but China seems better than the previous months.
Smartphones were almost 60% of the market and Android share is above 80%.
Samsung struggles to maintain its position in the market while Galaxy S4 sales slump again. Nokia slashes prices and Asha sales improve slightly. Local brands across the globe continue to advance. Coolpad, Micromax and Xiaomi are the most impressive brands in their respective markets & looking to expand internationally. Apple loses share but we expect a rebound in September with upcoming launches. LG, Huawei and Lenovo contend for the Number 3 spot in the handset market...
< Table of Contents >
- Key Tekeaways
- Monthly Topic
- Impact of the Nokia-Microsoft deal
- French Market in July-August
- The Market
- Market Sizing - Demand and Supply
- O/S landscape
- Market by Price band
- Competitive Landscape
- Country Analysis: US/China/Korea/Japan
- Market share by Price band
- Vendor Analysis: revenue structures
- Features and Specs
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
- Hit model lists for major vendors, globally
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org