Monthly Market Pulse - May 2013
May sell through was 145 million units, sell through is not picking up in regions like Europe and Asia. US and Latin America sales grew. Inventory is building and this may imply a weaker Q2 than expected.
Smartphones were 82 million units, 58% of the market in May. This includes grey market shipments.
Samsung’s overall market share stopped at 28% as tier 2 local vendors(ZTE and Huawei) grew.
In may, 44% of Android devices sold are under $200 globally.
* Table of Contents
- Market Sizing - Demand and Supply
- O/S landscape
- Market by Price band
- Competitive Landscape
- Country Analysis: US/China/Korea/Japan
- Market share by Price band
- Vendor Analysis: revenue structures
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
- Hit model lists for major vendors, globally