Please find herewith the October edition of the Counterpoint Research Market Pulse covering the global sales in September 2015.
Some of common themes after September sales analysis are given below:
- Sell-in ticked-up in September thanks to seasonal demand and new product launches.
- However, the picture is not universal: USA was flat to slightly up compared to August. China was higher, Western Europe was very strong, while Korea and Japan were correspondingly weak.
- On a global basis Apple stands above all others as a market share taker. All others did no better than maintain share with many decreasing sequentially.
- While the iPhone 6s is improved in multiple areas, the outward appearance is little changed. It is therefore unlikely to catalyse a significant upgrade cycle.
- However, with the iPhone 6 being repositioned down the price curve, Apple has an even more formidable range than ever.
- Xiaomi lost its lead in China to Huawei, however Xiaomi continues to perform well in its home market. It struggles to replicate its domestic success in overseas markets where it is just another smartphone vendor – one among many.
- We have analyzed Blu to assess if it could be a Xiaomi for the Americas. The short answer is no. Blu is more akin to the local kings that characterize many of the South East Asian markets.
We hope you get good value from the attached analysis. If there’s anything you would like to discuss or if you have feedback, or any other suggestions, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org