Please find herewith the September edition of the Counterpoint Research Market Pulse covering the global sales in August 2015.
- Sell-In ticked down in August but remained above Sell-Thru more or less in line with seasonal norms given both demand and supply-side drivers through both August and September.
- iPhone 6 held up strongly ahead of the iPhone refresh. iPhone 6s and 6s Plus add little new hardware but iOS9 and 3D Touch (Force Touch) bring new and more intuitive use cases.
- Perhaps the biggest news was the introduction of iPhone Upgrade (US-only for now). This innovative leasing-like business model will help turn iPhone stickiness into an even stronger glue.
- Xiaomi roaring with Note2 and Redmi2 in mid-lower segment of Chinese market.
- In addition we review current industry trends observable in the new product announcements at IFA2015
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org