- Global Handset Sell-through Continues to Recover in July
- Sales were better overall in July as demand is recovering in many regions. Sales in Europe continued to vastly improve. July 2020 sales were better than even last year. India also showed recovery and sales were better than same month last year.
- Sell-in rising faster than sell-through as anticipation of recovery grows. But the heating up of competition may be a bigger cause.
- Huawei reached its highest ever market share in China
- Huawei sustained its Global market share, as it continued to push in China, where it reached its highest ever market share (48%) in July. Its affordable 5G line up with devices like Nova 7 5G, is driving growth.
- Apple remained stable with solid performance of iPhone 11 and iPhone SE. iPhone 7 continues to do well in the prepaid channels as well. The expectation of the forthcoming 5G iPhone launch is not affecting the current sales.
- Samsung sell-through continued to improve in July (8% MoM) as some of its core markets like Europe and LA showed recovery. The Galaxy A series continues to do well driven by A51, A21s and A31
- Demand for mid-range price segment remains strong
- 5G devices are quickly proliferating into the sub-$300 price band with offerings from Huawei, Vivo, Oppo and Xiaomi. Affordable 5G devices will drive this segment especially in China in the coming quarters.
- Growth in the ultra-premium segment ($800+) has slowed due to weak sales of the Galaxy S series and Note series, and high-end iPhone models.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Global Mobile Handset Market Analysis
- Country-Level Smartphone Market Analysis
- Global Hardware Feature Analysis
- Global Hit Model Analysis
Author: Varun Mishra
Number of Pages: 41
Published Date: September 2020
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org