Monthly Market Pulse - June 2020
- Global Handset Sell-through Rebounds As Many Markets Open Further
- Sell through was robust as many markets rebounded in June. Global sell through jumped 33% in June compared to May.
- The jump in sell in was higher as there was anticipation of recovery in many markets. Sell in jumped 53% in June month over month reflecting the optimism.
- Samsung Gains Further in Global Smartphone Market Share
- Samsung recovered further in June with smartphone volumes increasing 40%. A-series (A10s, A51, A01) sales trends continue well. Anti-China sentiment helped Samsung sales in India.
- Huawei continues to grow its market share in China (46% in Q2), but this is not offsetting global reductions. Its successful 5G line-up helped grow sales.
- Apple held steady its global market share. iPhone 11 continues to regain momentum post-COVID. SE a solid contributor, especially in NAM.
- Mid-Range Price Segment Gains Further on Account of Modest Sales in Premium Price Segment
- The share of $800+ price tier has fallen over the past seven months largely due to weak Note and S-series relative to 2019. Look for $800+ to gain back some share in the Fall with iPhone 5G launches.
- Much of the 5G growth in China has helped the $300-$599. Look for this tier to continue to take share with more 5G devices hitting the market. The iPhone SE helped this price tier from solid volumes in NAM.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Global Mobile Handset Market Analysis
- Country-Level Smartphone Market Analysis
- Global Hardware Feature Analysis
- Global Hit Model Analysis
Author: Karn Chauhan
Number of Pages: 41
Published Date: August 2020