- Global Handset Sell-through Rebounds As Many Markets Open Further
- Sell through was robust as many markets rebounded in June. Global sell through jumped 33% in June compared to May.
- The jump in sell in was higher as there was anticipation of recovery in many markets. Sell in jumped 53% in June month over month reflecting the optimism.
- Samsung Gains Further in Global Smartphone Market Share
- Samsung recovered further in June with smartphone volumes increasing 40%. A-series (A10s, A51, A01) sales trends continue well. Anti-China sentiment helped Samsung sales in India.
- Huawei continues to grow its market share in China (46% in Q2), but this is not offsetting global reductions. Its successful 5G line-up helped grow sales.
- Apple held steady its global market share. iPhone 11 continues to regain momentum post-COVID. SE a solid contributor, especially in NAM.
- Mid-Range Price Segment Gains Further on Account of Modest Sales in Premium Price Segment
- The share of $800+ price tier has fallen over the past seven months largely due to weak Note and S-series relative to 2019. Look for $800+ to gain back some share in the Fall with iPhone 5G launches.
- Much of the 5G growth in China has helped the $300-$599. Look for this tier to continue to take share with more 5G devices hitting the market. The iPhone SE helped this price tier from solid volumes in NAM.
Author: Karn Chauhan
Number of Pages: 41
Published Date: August 2020
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at email@example.com