- Global Handset Sell-through Bounced Back as Western Markets & India Open Again
- Sell-through jumped 18% compared to last month as US and Europe started recovery and India ended its lock down.
- However, sell-in increased just 15% showing production in regions like India had not fully recovered.
- China is now around 85% of its usual market size showing that even though COVID-19 may be under control demand is yet to recover fully.
- Emerging markets like Latin America and Russia experience rampant increases in daily cases of COVID-19 which will continue into June and July.
- Samsung Gained Back The Top Spot After Ceding It To Huawei Last Month
- Samsung gained back the top spot this month after ceding it to Huawei last month. Samsung recovered as US, EU and India market opened up again. Samsung is likely to gain further as key markets (India & LATAM) continue to open up.
- HOVX brands pushing new 5G models targeted at mid-range segment in China. Huawei Nova 7 series, Oppo A92S, Vivo S6.
- Apple gained on account of strong demand for iPhone SE 2020 in the US market. Carriers came up with attractive promotional offers for the new Apple device.
- Mid-Range Segment Gained Shared on Account of Strong Apple iPhone SE 2020 demand
- Share of ultra-premium and premium price band declined. Limited new device launch activity and consumers in western markets remain apprehensive of the economic situation.
- US government stimulus package did help lift up the demand in the mid-range slightly. This was also coupled with the strong iPhone SE 2020 promotions across all major carrier channels. This led to a significant gain for the $300-$599 price band this month.
- 5G portfolio is also trickling down the price tiers which is helping to drive growth of mid-tier segment.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Global Mobile Handset Market Analysis
- Country-Level Smartphone Market Analysis
- Global Hardware Feature Analysis
- Global Hit Model Analysis
Author: Karn Chauhan
Number of Pages: 39
Published Date: July 2020
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at email@example.com