Please find herewith the August edition of the Counterpoint Research Market Pulse covering the global sales in July 2015.
Some of common themes after July sales analysis are given below:
- Sell-through has been mixed while sell-in has been strong, driven by marketing activity and continued entry of new brands.
- Samsung has taken action on pricing across a number of key models in its range. Sales up-ticked as a result. However it was the previous flagship Galaxy S5 that saw the largest move.
- The standard Galaxy S6 continues to drift lower. The S6 Edge improved slightly. This is not a positive sign for the newly-launched S6 Edge+ and Note 5.
- Sales of Apple’s smash hit iPhone 6 family are easing down ahead of the expected early September refresh – most likely in the form of iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. Hardware changes are likely evolutionary, though Apple may still surprise. The iPhone installed base still contains many older iPhones – now due for upgrade. Nevertheless, sales are unlikely to jump as they did for the 6.
- The Chinese economy remains a concern. Stock market gyrations and fluctuating currencies make for an unsettled outlook. So far sell-through in China is holding-up although the market remains sluggish – thanks mainly to reductions in operator subsidies.
We hope you get good value from the attached analysis. If there’s anything you would like to discuss or if you have feedback, or any other suggestions, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- Key Tekeaways
- Monthly Research Topics
- China market investigation
- The Market
- Market Sizing - Demand and Supply
- O/S landscape
- Market by Price band
- Competitive Landscape
- Country Analysis: US/China/Korea/Japan
- Market share by Price band
- Vendor Analysis: revenue structures
- Features and Specs
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
- Hit model lists for major vendors, globally
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at email@example.com