- Global Sell-in and Sell-through Declines Further: Sell through was down. There was no exception this month. All regions and major countries saw a decline including Japan and Korea which usually show growth during the February season. But sell in was down even more, 12.5%. The one silver lining in the down market is that inventory situations are better for many brands.
- Major Global and Chinese Brands Decline: All major global as well as Chinese HOVX brands registered a MoM decline during February. In China, factories remained shut due to the Chinese new year during start of the month. However, Huawei was the only major brand among global Top 5 OEMs which registered growth. It grew 28% YoY while all other major brands declined MoM as well as YoY.
- Share of Ultra-Premium ($800+) Price Band Declines: Share of ultra-premium $800+ price band declined with dip in iPhone XS/XS Max due to seasonality. Premium buyers delayed their purchase in anticipation of 10th edition of Samsung Galaxy S10. $300-$599 price band remains battleground for HOVX brands in China. Huawei leads the pack among the four major brands in China and other countries.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Global Market Status
- Market Sizing – Demand & Supply / Price band
- Market Share – Vendor / Price band
- Major Country Landscape
- US Market Landscape
- China Market Landscape
- India Market Landscape
- Trends in Features and Specs
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
- Hit Model Analysis
Number of Pages: 45
Published Date: March 2019
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at email@example.com