MOBILE DEVICES MONITOR – Q3 2021 (Vendor Region Countries)
Nov 17, 2021
Author : Harmeet Singh Walia, Aman Chaudhary
This report is part of a series of reports which track the mobile handset market: Smartphone and Feature Phone shipments every quarter for more than 140 brands covering more than 95% of the total device shipments in the industry.
The deliverable includes
- Single pivot format giving in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of three key countries in each region to give a further granular view of the regions
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More visuals and analysis by country and by regions
To quickly summarise:
- The global smartphone market grew by 6% QoQ but declined by 6% YoY in Q3 2021, clocking global shipments of 342 million units, down from 365.6 million in Q3 2020.
- Samsung retained the number one spot in Q3 2021 with smartphone shipments increasing by 20% QoQ to 69.3 million units in Q3 2021.
- Xiaomi shipped 44.4 million units in Q3 2021, down 5% YoY and 15% QoQ as it was severely hit by the ongoing component shortages.
- vivo grew 8% YoY and 3% QoQ to reach 33.7 million units. vivo continued to lead China's smartphone market with 17.3 million units in Q3 2021.
- realme achieved its highest-ever shipment performance with 16.2 million units in Q3 2021. The record quarter came at a time when component shortages were at their peak.
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart by Brand
- Pivot Chart by Geography
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central and Latin America
- Key Central and Latin America Countries
- Middle East and Africa
- Key Middle East and Africa Countries
Published Date: November 2021