MOBILE DEVICES MONITOR – Q2 2021 (Vendor Region Countries)
Aug 16, 2021
Author : Aman Chaudhary, Harmeet Singh Walia
This report is part of a series of reports which track the mobile handset market: Smartphone and Feature Phone shipments every quarter for more than 140 brands covering more than 95% of the total device shipments in the industry.
The deliverable includes
- Single pivot format giving in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of three key countries in each region to give further granular view of the regions
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More visuals and analysis by country and by regions
To quickly summarize:
- The global smartphone market declined by 9% QoQ but grew by 17% YoY in Q2 2021, clocking global shipments of 323.1 million units, down from 354.9 million in Q1 2021.
- Samsung retained the top spot as the world's biggest OEM, despite smartphone shipments declining by 25% QoQ to 57.6 million units in Q2 2021.
- Apple's global shipments declined to 48.9 million units by about 18% QoQ but captured record second-quarter shipment share driven by persistent demand for the iPhone 12 Series.
- Xiaomi shipped over 50 million smartphones, becoming the world’s second-largest smartphone brand for the first time ever.
- realme grew by 135% YoY and 17% QoQ, crossing cumulative shipments of 100 million smartphones since its entry into the smartphone market.
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart by Brand
- Pivot Chart by Geography
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central and Latin America
- Key Central and Latin America Countries
- Middle East and Africa
- Key Middle East and Africa Countries
Published Date: August 2021