Market Monitor Quarterly Smartphone Vendor Region Value Share 2021 Q1
This report from Counterpoint’s Market Monitor service highlights on the regional revenues and ASPs for 42 brands in smartphone segment. These 42 brands together now capture over 95% of the total market by revenues.
- Global smartphone market wholesale revenues declined 11% QoQ after a strong Q4 2020 but grew by nearly 36% YoY.
- Apple captured 42% of overall smartphone revenue in Q1 2021 as compared to 34% in Q1 2020.
- Among regions, China leads the revenue share (30%) driven by strong 5G smartphone penetration. In Q1 2021, China accounted for 48% of the 5G smartphone shipment.
- Rest of Asia and the Middle East and Africa are the only regions witnessing sequential growth in smartphone ASPs for the quarter.
- North America, on the other hand, saw a slight decline in ASPs as a result of Apple’s ASP declining. The ASPs of all other major regions remained stable.
Authors: Harmeet Singh Walia, Aman Chaudhary
Date Published: June 2021