This report is one of the series of reports which tracks mobile handset: Smartphone and Feature Phone shipments every quarter for more than 140 brands covering more than 95% of the total device shipments in the industry.
The deliverable includes
- Single pivot format giving in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of three key countries in each region to give further granular view of the regions
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More visuals and analysis by country and by regions
To quickly summarize:
- Global mobile phone shipments reached 378.5 million units globally in Q1 2020 with a YoY decline of -13%.
- Global smartphone shipments reached 295 million units in Q1 2020 also declining-13% YoY growth as compared to Q1 2019.
- The top three brands, Samsung, Huawei and Apple, captured around 50% of the smartphone market, with the rest of the market left for hundreds of other brands to compete fiercely.
- Samsung led the smartphone market during the quarter capturing one-fifth of the global smartphone shipments. The OEM declined 18% YoY during the quarter and is expected to see a steeper decline in Q2 2020 amidst COVID-19 spread outside China.
- Huawei continued its push in China and surpassed Apple again during the quarter. The OEM declined 17% YoY during the quarter. Over half of the smartphone shipments for Huawei are now in China.
- Apple remained resilient even during the COVID-19 as iPhone shipments declined only 5% YoY during the quarter. The iPhone revenues were down 7% YoY for the same period. The impact on some European and Asian countries was mild.
- The smartphone market is resilient; smartphones are perceived by consumers as essential. However amidst COVID-19 outbreak, aside from replacing a broken phone, the purchase is usually discretionary and can therefore be delayed, effectively extending the replacement rate. The resulting contraction in the market will likely be short term in nature, we expect it to recover relatively quickly once the worst of the outbreak passes.
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart by Brand
- Pivot Chart by Geography
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central and Latin America
- Key Central and Latin America Countries
- Middle East and Africa
- Key Middle East and Africa Countries
Author: Varun Mishra
Published Date: May 2020
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org