Following up on the series of quarterly Market Monitor reports sent out please find our latest report highlighting Value Share for top 20 brands in smartphone and feature phone segments through Q1 2015.
Summary of the report
Following up on the series of quarterly Market Monitor reports sent out please find our latest report highlighting Value Share for top 20 brands in smartphone and feature phone segments through Q1 2015
To summarize quickly:
• Global handset market reached roughly US$92 Billion in wholesale revenues up 18% annually during Q1 2015.
• Smartphones contribute close to 97% of the total handset market by revenue.
• Smartphone market reached roughly US$89 Billion in revenues up 20% annually due to healthy smartphone shipments growth (+16% YoY)
• Overall smartphone industry ASP increased (+4% YoY) during the quarter driven by once again strong iPhone sales. However most of the growth is still coming from sub-$150 smartphones and across emerging markets which is clearly evident from rise in revenue share of Chinese OEMs.
• Asia (including China) contributed to almost 47% of the global smartphone industry revenues and 51% of the global smartphone industry volumes.
• Apple extended the lead over Samsung in Smartphone segment by Value and topped the list with roughly 45% share surpassing Samsung which captured 22% share.
• Samsung smartphone ASP and shipments declined 12% and 6% YoY respectively.
• Samsung’s smartphone revenues were down 17% annually due to dip in smartphone demand relative to the market growth.
• The top 5 OEMs captured close to three-fourths of the total industry smartphone revenues
• Meanwhile, Xiaomi’s revenue increased by almost 23% YoY and Huawei revenues reached a new high with close to 4% market share surpassing Xiaomi and LG in terms of smartphone revenues.
• If we leave out of Samsung, Apple generated more smartphone revenues than the next twenty five smartphone brands combined in our rankings in Q1 2015
Table of Contents
1.1. Pivot Table for Volumes (Shipments)
1.2. Pivot Table for Value (ASP, Revenues)
1.3. Pivot Chart for Value (ASP, Revenues)
2.1. Global Handset Volumes, ASP & Revenues
2.2. Global Smartphones Volumes, ASP & Revenues
2.3. Global Feature Phone Volumes, ASP & Revenues