This report covers the global mobile phone shipment by air interface technology including market share and rankings by regions and key countries.
The deliverable includes:
- Single pivot format giving an in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of Three Key Countries in each region to give a further granular view of the regions.
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More Visuals and Analysis by Country and by Regions
To quickly summarize:
- Global mobile phone shipments reached 468 million units globally in Q3 2019 with a YoY decline of -5%.
- Global smartphone shipments reached 380 million units in Q3 2019 showing a flat growth as compared to Q3 2018.
- The top three brands, Samsung, Huawei and Apple, together cornered almost half of the smartphone market, with the rest of the market left for hundreds of other brands to compete fiercely.
- Overall LTE shipments declined at 2% YoY as compared to 5% YoY in 2019Q2. The slower decline was mainly due to increased shipments in India and China, the two top-focus markets for every player in the mobile value chain.
- The 5G rollouts from both networks and devices over the past twelve months have been faster than the 4G era, and we expect the rollouts to further accelerate going into 2020.
- China has already commenced rolling out the 5G networks and the massive market scale it brings for the entire industry will make 2020 the breakout year for 5G, This should catalyse the slowing smartphone volume demand over the past couple of years and certainly continue to boost the upward trend in the overall smartphone Average-Selling-Price (ASP)
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central & Latin America
- Key Central & Latin America Countries
- Middle East & Africa
- Key Middle East & Africa Countries
Author: Shobhit Srivastava
Date Published: Nov 2019