Following up on the series of quarterly Market Monitor reports sent out please find our latest report highlighting Value Share for top 20 brands in smartphone and feature phone segments through Q4 2014.
Summary of the report
• Global handset market reached roughly US$110 Billion in wholesale revenues up 27% annually during Q4 2014.
• Smartphones contribute close to 97% of the total handset market by revenue.
• Smartphone market reached roughly US$107 Billion in revenues up 31% annually due to healthy smartphone shipments growth (+26% YoY)
• Overall smartphone industry ASP increased (+4% YoY) during the quarter driven by record iPhone sales. However most of the growth is still coming from sub-$200 smartphones and across emerging markets which is clearly evident from rise in revenue share of Chinese OEMs.
• Asia (including China) contributed to almost 45% of the global smartphone industry revenues and more than half of global smartphone industry volumes.
• Apple extended the lead over Samsung in Smartphone segment by Value and topped the list with roughly 48% share surpassing Samsung which captured 18% share.
• Samsung revenue share is down to 18%, lowest since CY 2012 in a single quarter. At its peak it captured 37% share during Q3 2013.
• This is mainly because Samsung’s revenues were down 20% annually and 2% sequentially due to dip in smartphone demand relative to the market growth.
• The top 5 OEMs captured close to three-fourths of the total industry smartphone revenues
• Meanwhile, Xiaomi’s revenue increased by almost 142% YoY and Huawei revenues reached a new high with close to 4% mark for the first time.
• If we leave out of Samsung, Apple generated more smartphone revenues than the next twenty smartphone brands combined in our rankings in Q4 2014
Table of Contents
1.1. Pivot Table for Volumes (Shipments)
1.2. Pivot Table for Value (ASP, Revenues)
1.3. Pivot Chart for Value (ASP, Revenues)
2.1. Global Handset Volumes, ASP & Revenues
2.2. Global Smartphones Volumes, ASP & Revenues
2.3. Global Feature Phone Volumes, ASP & Revenues
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org