This report is one of the series of reports which tracks mobile handset: Smartphone shipments and revenues every quarter highlighting value share for 42 brands (from earlier 20) and covering more than 95% of the total device revenues in the industry.
To summarize quickly:
- Global handset market wholesale revenues decline 5% annually during the second quarter of 2019 at USD 90.9 billion.
- Smartphones share accounts for 98.5% of the overall handset market by revenue.
- Smartphone market reached USD 89.6 Billion in revenues down 4% from an year ago.
- Apple captured 29% share of overall smartphone revenue down from a 32% share in 2018 Q2. Apple iPhone revenues were down 13% annually during the first quarter of 2019.
- Overall smartphone market ASP declined 1% annually and 6% sequentially.
- The top 5 OEMs captured 78% of the total smartphone market revenues.
Author: Shobhit Srivastava
Published Date: August 2019