Infographic: Q3-2018 | Mobile Market Monitor
Our Q3-2018 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one Infographic in each quarter to summarize the handset and smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations from this edition:
- Global smartphone shipments declined 5% annually reaching 380 million units in Q3 2018. Emerging markets growth could not offset the decline in developed markets.
- All the regions declined amidst the global slowdown. Latin America declined most at 7% YoY.
- India’s smartphone shipments surpassed those of the USA and reached an all-time high in 2018 Q3, while China’s smartphone market continued to decline for the fifth consecutive quarter.
- Top 10 OEMs contribute almost 79% of the global smartphone market, thereby leaving 600+ brands competing for the remaining 21% of the market.
- Samsung led the smartphone market by volume while HMD grew fastest at 73% YoY. Samsung recorded its highest ever shipment in India, even though its shipments declined for the fourth consecutive quarter.
- Huawei holds on to the 2nd position for the second consecutive quarter. It grew 33% annually.
- While Apple iPhone shipments remained flat annually, revenues for the devices grew 29% with a record average selling price of $793.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
- Global Feature phone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Feature Phone Market Share
Number of Pages: 1
Published Date: November 2018