We conducted a channel check during week 34 in Paris (22nd and 23rd August 2013), to get a precise idea of the state of mobile phone retail just one week before the busy back-to-school period.
Since the launch of 4th operator Free Mobile in January 2012, the mobile phone market has changed, most particularly for smartphones. Whereas high-end products such as iPhone or Samsung Galaxy Series were heavily subsidized through contracts, Free Mobile introduced unlimited voice and SMS and 3GB of data for only 19,99€ per month without any contract commitment...
< Table of Contents >
- Free Mobile changed the rules of mobile phone retail in France
- The raise of open market
- Consumers keep their device while switching operators
- Loyalty has become operators’ priority
- Online retailers are winning ground
- Fewer sales for mid-tier smartphones
- New brands entering the smartphone area
- Lukewarm 4G sales efforts
- iPhone not pushed by operators in retail
- Samsung Galaxy S4 winner of our poll
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org