Counterpoint's latest report on Impact of demonetization on India Handset Market.
On Nov 8th 2016 India’s Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi announced that INR 500 and INR 1,000 notes – that make up 86% of cash in circulation – could no longer be used as legal tender to buy goods and services. India’s central bank would start issuing new notes of INR 500 and INR 2,000 starting 10 November. A grace period to the end of December 2016 allows citizens to exchange the now illegitimate notes for new money, provided they can account for the source of substantial amounts.
In this report:
- Market Summary
- Counterpoint Research Channel Survey on Demonetization- (December 1st – December 7th 2016)
List of charts:
- Demonetization affect on business
- New schemes provided by Retailers
- Impact of demonetizaton by price bands
- Retailers view on demonetization impact
Number of Pages: 6
Author: Tarun Pathak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Published Date: December 2016
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at email@example.com