Our Q3-2020 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one Infographic in each quarter to summarize the mobile handset market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations from the smartphone market:
- Global smartphone market shipments declined 4% YoY but grew 32% QoQ to reach 366 million units in Q3 2020.
- India smartphone market surpassed the pre-Covid levels growing at 9% YoY and 188% QoQ to reach 53 million units, followed by MEA (2% YoY).
- Samsung regained the top spot, shipping 80.4 million units with 48% QoQ and 3% YoY growth with highest-ever shipments in the last three years.
- Realme shipments grew 132% QoQ, becoming the world’s fastest brand to hit 50 million shipments since inception.
- Xiaomi grew 75% QoQ, contributing 13% in the total smartphone shipments. Notably, this was the first time when Xiaomi surpassed Apple to capture the third spot in the global smartphone market.
- Apple iPhone shipments declined 7% YoY during Q3 2020 as the company delayed its annual iPhone launch from Q3 to Q4 in 2020
Some quick observations from the feature phone market:
- Global feature phone shipments declined 17% annually, reaching 74 million units in Q3 2020.
- Middle-East and Africa remain the largest market for feature phones, contributing to 37% of the global feature phone shipments in Q3 2020, followed by India (36%).
- Transsion Group led the global feature phone market capturing over 35% of the total market share.
- iTel remains the biggest player in the Indian market. Its shipment grew 41% (YoY) and 193% (QoQ).
- Feature phone shipments in North America further declined by 75% YoY and 50% QoQ. Alcatel contributed to more than 50% of the total feature phone shipments in the region.
Table of Contents:
Number of Pages: 2
Published Date: November 2020