Our Q2-2020 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one Infographic in each quarter to summarize the mobile handset market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations from the smartphone market:
- Global smartphone shipments declined the highest ever 26% YoY reaching 276.02 million units in Q2 2020.
- All the regions (APAC, LATAM, MEA, Europe and North America) registered decline during the quarter, including China and India
- Within regions, LATAM declined the highest (37% YoY) followed by MEA (24% YoY).
- Huawei surpassed Samsung to become the number one brand in the global smartphone market in Q2 2020.
- Huawei's shipments declined 3% YoY globally whereas, it grew 11% YoY in China.
- Apple remained resilient during the COVID-19 pandemic as iPhone shipments grew 2% YoY in Q2 2020.
- Realme was the fastest growing brand in Q2 2020. It grew 11% YoY in the quarter as several markets in Europe and India started to recover in June
- 5G smartphone shipment penetration increased to 12% in Q2 2020 from 7% in the previous quarter. China accounted for 80% of the global 5G shipments in Q2 2020.
Some quick observations from the feature phone market:
- Global feature phone shipments declined 47% annually reaching 45.45 million units in Q2 2020.
- Middle East and Africa contributed to 49% of the global feature phone shipments in Q2 2020.
- Feature phone shipments in North America declined by 41% YoY. Alcatel contributed to 75% of the total feature phone shipments in the region.
- Transsion Group led the global feature phone market capturing over 42% of the total market share.
- Karbonn surpassed Micromax to enter the top 5 feature phone players in India.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
- Global Feature phone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Feature Phone Market Share
Number of Pages: 2
Published Date: August 2020