IFA 2015 provided an opportunity to take stock of the developments in the connected devices space. In this report we analyse how the new products on show and keynote speeches reflect the themes that we have been seeing and discussing for many months:
- Fragmentation of the smartphone market in brand terms.
- Consolidation of the smartphone market in platform terms.
- Despite its limited scope for differentiation hardware still used as the main competitive lever – followed closely by price.
- IoT in the home solving niche problems, struggling to find a killer application.
- Wearables market – especially smartwatches continuing to explode, driven in part now thanks to Google Wear supporting iOS.
- PC evolution gathering pace with Windows 10 and Intel’s new processor generation.
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org