Current estimates show COVID-19 is 2-3 times more contagious than the flu and 10 times more deadly. COVID-19 has become a global pandemic as announced by the WHO on March 11, 2020. This short reports discusses the impact on global smartphone market as COVID-19 gets declared as a pandemic.
Our previous forecast was based on the assumption that COVID-19 would be contained in China and that just the Chinese market would be affected. We are now providing a regional forecast for 2020 and 2021.
We plan to provide an update every month on the situation and update our forecast if needed accordingly. Please stay tuned.
Table of Contents for PDF report
- COVID-19, more contagious and deadlier than the Flu
- What happens OR happened to the smartphone industry: a 20 year perspective
- Market resilience
- What will happen in 2020 – 2021?
- COVID-19 hits the smartphone industry
- Further developments and scenarios
- Chinese OEMs Expanding to New Countries
Table of Contents for Excel datasheet
- Smartphone forecast by region after COVID-19
- Smartphone forecast by major OEM after COVID-19
- Regions: North America, China, India, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa
- OEM brands: Samsung, Apple, Huawei, OPPO, Vivo, Xiaomi
Number of Pages: 13
Author: Tom Kang
Published Date: March 2020