Infographic: CY-2019 | Mobile Market Monitor
Our CY-2019 Infographic has been published. We release this Infographic every year to summarize the handset and smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations from this edition:
- Global smartphone shipments declined 2% annually in CY 2019. This is the first time that the smartphone market has declined for two consecutive years.
- China market declined 8% YoY during CY 2019. 5G is expected to drive growth in China in 2020.
- India surpassed the USA to become the second largest smartphone market in the world reaching 158 Mn shipments in CY 2019.
- Samsung led the smartphone market by volume capturing one-fth of the global smartphone shipments.
- Despite the sanctions, Huawei surpassed Apple to become the second largest brand in CY 2019.
- realme was the fastest growing brand in CY 2019, growing 453% YoY.
- Global feature phone shipments declined 22% annually reaching 374.6 million units in CY 2019.
- MEA surpassed India to become the largest feature phone market in CY 2019.
- Feature phone shipments in the developed market of North America grew 35% YoY driven by Alcatel.
- Feature phone market in India declined the highest, 42% YoY.
- Jio, the market leader in CY 2018, declined 75% YoY in CY 2019.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
- Global Feature Phone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Feature Phone Market Share
Number of Pages: 2
Published Date: March 2020