Our Q1-2019 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one Infographic in each quarter to summarize the smartphone and feature phone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations from the smartphone market:
- Global smartphone shipments declined 6% annually reaching 341 million units in Q1 2019. This was the sixth consecutive quarter of smartphone market decline.
- India (+4% YoY) was the only region of positive growth. All other regions declined with North America declining the most at 10% YoY.
- Top 5 OEMs captured 61% of the global smartphone market volumes and 82% of the total smartphone market revenues.
- Samsung led the smartphone market by volume but declined 8% YoY. The success of S10 series and restructuring of portfolio will provide Samsung momentum in the coming quarters.
- Increasing ASP, long holding periods, declining value proposition and US-China trade war led Apple shipments to decline 20% YoY.
- BBK Group (which owns OPPO, Realme, vivo and OnePlus brands) is collectively the world’s third largest manufacturer. All its brands registered growth during the quarter.
- Apple captured 33% share of overall smartphone revenue down from a 38% share in 2018 Q1. Overall smartphone market ASP remained flat annually and declined 8% sequentially.
Some quick observations from the Feature phone market:
- Global feature phone shipments declined 31% annually reaching 95 million units in Q1 2019.
- Middle East and Africa have surpassed India to become the largest feature phone market. It contributed to one-third of the total feature phone shipments in 2019Q1.
- India and MEA together captured 64% of the global feature phone market in Q1 2019.
- Shipments for Jio declined 59% YoY due to inventory build-up. Jio drove the India feature phone market decline (52% YoY) in Q1 2019.
- HMD captured the top spot in the feature phone segment in Q1 2019.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
- Global Feature phone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Feature Phone Market Share
Number of Pages: 2
Published Date: June 2019