Our CY-2018 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one Infographic in each quarter to summarize the handset and smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations from this edition:
- Global smartphone shipments declined 4% annually in CY 2018. Emerging markets growth could not offset the decline in developed markets.
- Chinese Players HOVX (Huawei, OPPO, vivo, Xiaomi) continue to defy market decline ending the year with positive growth.
- Top 10 OEMs contribute almost 77% of the global smartphone market, thereby leaving 600+ brands competing for the remaining 22% of the market.
- Samsung led the smartphone market by volume while Nokia HMD, Huawei and Tecno were among the fastest growing brands during the quarter.
- Apple iPhone shipments declined 4% during the CY18 but overall 2018 revenues for iPhone grew 6%.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
- Global Feature phone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Feature Phone Market Share
Number of Pages: 1
Published Date: March 2019