Counterpoint's Market Monitor reports track shipments from over 75 vendors every quarter. In addition to the global brands, Counterpoint analyses the performance of multi-million selling local brands such as India’s Intex, Bangladesh’s SymphonyMobile, Pakistan’s QMobile, Indonesia’s Evercoss, Thailand’s Samart iMobile and Nigeria’s Tecno. Counterpoint is now tracking additional brands including OnePlus and iBall to Latin American brands such as Lanix, Positivo, Multilaser and BMobile.
- The global handset market reached US$84 Billion in wholesale revenues up 12% annually during Q2 2015.
- Smartphones contributed close to 97% of the total handset market by revenue.
- The smartphone market reached US$82 Billion in revenues up 14% annually due to healthy smartphone shipments growth (+13% YoY)
- Overall smartphone industry ASPs increased (+1% YoY) during the quarter but declined 10% sequentially, mainly due to declining ASPs of LTE devices from Chinese players and reduced shipments within the premium segment.
- Asia (including China) contributed almost 48% of the global smartphone industry revenues and 53% of the global smartphone industry volumes.
- Apple maintained the lead over Samsung in Smartphone segment by value with 38% share comfortably outpacing Samsung's 25% share.
- Samsung smartphone ASP declined 5% annually but increased 19% sequentially mainly due to a mix-shift toward premium models in its portfolio. However shipments declined 11% sequentially and flat YoY.
- As a result of the sequential increase in ASP, Samsung’s smartphone revenues were up 6% QoQ.
- The top 5 OEMs captured close to three-fourths of the total industry smartphone revenues
- Meanwhile, Huawei's revenue increased by almost 48% YoY due to record smartphone sales during Q2. Xiaomi captured close to 3.5% while LG captured 4% share of smartphone revenues during the Quarter.
Aside from Samsung and Apple, which together contributed close to 64% of all smartphone revenues during the quarter, no other brand accounted for more than 5% of smartphone revenues.
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org