This report from Counterpoint’s market monitor service highlights Value Share for 42 brands in smartphone segment by regions. These 42 brands together now capture 95% of the total market by revenues.
To summarize quickly:
- Global handset market wholesale revenues declined 15% YoY during the second quarter of 2020.
- Smartphone share accounts for 99.2% of the overall handset market by revenue.
- The smartphone market reached USD 76.8 Billion in revenues declining 15% YoY and 8% QoQ.
- Apple captured around one-third of overall smartphone revenue.
- Overall smartphone market ASP grew 10% YoY driven by increased 5G smartphone shipment which grew 45% QoQ.
Author: Varun Mishra
Published Date: August 2020