Counterpoint’s CORE (COmpetitive Ranking and Evaluation) is a comprehensive evaluation and comparison of the leading companies and their platform/product/service/solution capabilities, ecosystem and business success for an important technology area/vertical/offering. This report we evaluate the most active top 25 companies globally offering location-centric offerings from maps to tools to services on 60+ criteria. These are the final scores of the leading location platforms globally.
- With the proliferation of the internet, growth in mobile devices, applications, increasing urbanization, the rise of e-commerce and on-demand services, the power of location is the key enabling factor.
- These location-centric solutions depend on maps data to help route (from point A to B) or geocode (integrate key Points of Interests, places) enabling key use-cases such as search, discovery, and mobility.
- This integration is currently done by embedding different location APIs into millions of apps to build new and enhanced experiences as well as monetization opportunities for developers.
- While this has been the key business driver for the map providers, they have been transforming more into a location platform. They are adding layers of intelligence, analytics, and tools to help enterprises fuse their data with location data to analyze, visualize, and derive actionable insights.
- These new services will not only power mobility experiences now but, as the data gets richer, will also drive future autonomous transport systems enabling greater safety, business models and newer experiences. Further, adding rich location context to the plethora of connected things/assets will help better manage, shape newer processes with sensor-intelligence and help improve businesses and lives.
Table of Contents:
- Location Ecosystem – Value Chain
- Location Platform Players Evaluation – Counterpoint CORE Scorecard
- Location Platform Players Analysis and Profiles
Number of Pages: 110
Author: Prachir Singh and Neil Shah
Published Date: April 2020
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at email@example.com