This report tracks Quarterly India Mobile Handset: Smartphone & Feature phone shipments every quarter. This report gives an insight on the latest trends happening in one of the fastest growing smartphone markets in the world.
- India mobile handset and smartphone market grew by 37% and 12% YoY driven by strong demand from the featurephone and smartphone segment.
- Chinese brands performance remained strong throughout the year and captured 54% smartphone market share in CY 2017 up from 34% during CY 2016.
- Average selling price of the overall smartphone market grew 13% YoY due to increased mix of mid segment phones.
- Over ten new smartphone brands entered India during CY 2017. Players like Nokia HMD, Comio, Infinix and Tecno did well in their first year of operations in India, by expanding their distribution reach in a short span of time.
- Premium segment (>₹30,000, US$465) grew 20% YoY during CY 2017 due to the strong performance of OnePlus, Apple & Samsung. OnePlus was the fastest growing brand in the premium segment during CY 2017.
- Qualcomm was the leader amongst smartphone chipset suppliers. Qualcomm powered smartphones grew a healthy 53% YoY in CY 2017. The demand of its chipsets in the fastest growing (₹10,000-₹15,000) segment drove growth.
Author: Tarun Pathak
Published Date: February 2018
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at email@example.com