Where are the opportunities for challenger OEMs from LG’s market exodus?
After many quarters of rumors that LG has been contemplating exiting the smartphone business due to six years of negative operating margins with limited opportunities to reverse the problems. This rumor was confirmed after a board of directors meeting officially announced LG was exiting the smartphone space. This report gives a historical look back at LG’s mobile communications business segment and addresses which OEMs are poised to gain from LG’s exit from the market.
Table of Contents:
- 26-year timeline of LG mobile communications
- LG’s market share by region, country
- LG’s shipments by price band
- LG’s absence in its 3 key markets—who will profit
- North America market details within postpaid, prepaid channels
Authors: Jeff Fieldhack, Matthew Orf
Number of Pages: 18
Published Date: April 2021