Sri Lanka faces an economic crisis triggered due to political uncertainty and rising clashes among local communities and it’s mobile handset market shipment declined 6% QoQ and reached 1.6 million units in Q1 2019. Smartphone contribution to the total mobile phone shipment increased in Q1 2019, accounting for 56% of the total shipments.
A few pointers from the Sri Lankan smartphone market:
- Overall, the Sri Lanka smartphone ASP increased by 15% QoQ and 27% YoY in Q1 2019.
- Top 5 smartphone brands accounted for 76% of the total smartphone market during the quarter.
- In case of Chinese brands, Huawei remains the most popular followed by Xiaomi, Oppo and Vivo.
- Global brands are more prominent in the $150-$250 price band. They captured almost half of the market in this price band.
- Qualcomm dominated the market with a 35% market share. Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus, Galaxy J6 Plus, and Oppo A7 were the top contributors.
- Samsung is still leading the Sri Lankan Smartphone Market with 33% market share. But it is facing tough competition by Chinese brands to be in the top spot.
- Xiaomi with a great pace enjoyed the third spot in the market. Redmi 6 Pro and Redmi 5 Plus were top players who contributed about 44%.
This report drills down into the telecom market, dissects mobile phone market trends, market shipments and other related metrics. It also lists down the top 10 smartphones for quarter and details the key smartphones that were launched during this period. It thereafter deep dives into the market, listing out shipment share by various factors including technology, display size, primary camera, batter capacity and more. The report concludes with strategies adopted by key OEMs, their promotions and market trends. This report is useful for carriers, OEMs and component suppliers wanting to get a deeper understanding of the Sri Lankan market.
Table of Contents:
- Key OEM strategies
- Sri Lanka Market - Drill Down
- Key OEM strategies
- Price Band Analysis
- E-commerce Analysis
- Key Market Trends
- Major OEM Promotions
Number of Pages: 45
Author: Tanvi Sharma
Published Date: May 2019
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org